- Read task carefully. Underline most important parts; focus on the question that your essay MUST
- Brainstorm ideas based on the 3 bullet points.
- Choose the 2 bullet point you have the most ideas about.
- Brainstorm ways to express your ideas and the quotes in the task using advanced grammar:
- Inversions: Not only is/do…..but also… Rarely/seldom do people….
- Double comparatives: The cheaper the…., the more popular…
- Participle clauses: Being a keen shopper myself,… Having bought many products online,….
- Advanced linkers: Despite the fact that…., ….. due to the fact that = because
- Plan your introduction:
- An interesting way to introduce the topic.
- Formal questions that the essay will answer.
- Plan your conclusion: Focus on answering the question you underlined in step 1.
- Reread carefully checking for:
- Repetition of words/structures.
- Boring/informal vocabulary.
- Also Furthermore/moreover. Because due/owing to the fact that. Although In spite of the fact that. However nonetheless/nevertheless.
- Have you answered the question completely?