The United States are known to have extremely silly laws. If the law exists, it is because somebody has tried it. Here are 10 laws that I have found funny or just very strange. Although most of these laws are common sense or ridiculous they still exist today.
- Paulding, Ohio: Policemen are allowed to bite a dog if they think it will calm the dog down. (Who wants to be a policeman in Ohio? Imagine getting home to your spouse. “How was your day honey? Bite any dogs today?”)
- Texas: It is illegal to sell your eyeballs (Need some quick money, why not? My question, is who would buy them?)
- Los Angeles, California: It is not legal to bathe 2 babies at the same time in the same tub. (How would they know?)
- Baltimore, Maryland: It is illegal to take a lion the movies.
- Oklahoma: It is illegal to have a sleeping donkey in your bathtub after 7pm. (Please, make sure your donkey sleeps before then)
- Georgia: You can’t keep an ice cream cone in your back pocket on Sundays.
- Missouri: One cannot drive with an uncaged bear. (But if you keep it in a cage, you are fine)
- New Mexico: Idiots may not vote. Nor can insane people. (I wonder who determines who is sane or not)
- Ohio: It is illegal to get a fish drunk.
- West Virginia: Road kill may be taken home for dinner (EEW!)
Remember these laws when visiting these states!! I wouldn’t want to hear that my students have been fined or thrown into prison because of doing something as ridiculous as this.